Asset tagging is a way to link an entity(user, crowd, organization) to an asset record. Tags can be set in Form Designer to limit the asset list to the entity. Tagging benefits the form submitter by limiting and/or auto-filling assets that are assigned to their user. Once a submission has been submitted, the filtering and autofill functions are no longer applied to the asset list on the submission. Also, If the question already has a value, then Autofill will not trigger.
Tagging is implemented in the following: Asset Select, Asset Detail, Asset Edit, Asset Multiselect, Assets referenced on Clusters.
Setting Up Tagging
- Asset tagging setup for Users/Assets in Admin
- In the property in Form Designer, a context must be selected
- In the property in Form Designer, if you want to filter the dropdown, then the "Filter by Tags" checkbox must be selected
- In the property in Form Designer, if you want to autofill the question's answer, then the "Autofill Answer to Tag" checkbox must be selected.
*#3 and #4 should work independently or in combination.
Applying Tags in Assets
To set a tag, navigate to Admin > Assets > Select one of the asset types. There is a tag icon in the action column for each asset record in the list. Select the tag, and a new window appears for assigning the entity to a record.
Select the entity type(user, crowd, organization), then select/multiselect the appropriate entities.
In the future, some tagging will have various contexts. Currently, most of the valid context are 'default', with the exception of the Intacct Employees asset, which has a context of 'Intacct Employee'.
Select all appropriate data, then select the 'Add Asset Tag' button. The tag will be displayed in a list below the selection.
Tags can be managed from a few areas in Omnidek:
- by Asset as described above
- by Organization under Advanced Access
- by User to the right or the user record
- by Crowd in the actions column to the right or the crowd record
Applying Tags on Forms
Tagging can be utilized on forms to limit drop downs to the records that are tagged.
- select the funnel icon to expand the properties.
- select a context. (As previously stated, 'default' is currently the only context.)
- The checkbox labeled 'Autofill answer to tag?' manages whether a tag is autofilled in the answer type to the assigned tag. **If there are more than one applicable tabs, the system will autofill one at random.