Form Designer is the 6th icon on the left-hand menu that only administrators should have access to. When the Form Designer icon is clicked, the user is brought through a dialogue box…
- Choose a Form Template from the marketplace- Marketplace templates are forms that were shared by other Omnidek clients as “best practice” starting points. The idea is to allow these form templates to guide system usage and save time by eliminating guesswork for new business processes.
- Edit an existing form- Any form that is currently in published, non-published, or pulled from the marketplace will be available in the Edit Form button. The form is loaded in the editor once selected and can be modified, saved, and published to the network.
- Build your own- Dialogue is for advanced users who know exactly what their processes are and do not see existing templates in the marketplace.
The Form Designer 4 main sections of the screen display.
- Header- the top of the form wizard allows us to create actionable for the form.
- Name the form
- Settings icon
- Categorize your form with the drop-down box or add a new category via the green plus icon next to it.
- Toggle the Yes/No button if you want your form to have the ability to Allow editing post-completion.
- You can submit your form to Marketplace by clicking on the Submit this form to Marketplace button.
Sort questions and sections by engaging in the sort sections/questions toggle button.
- Preview View
Display on Mobile, Tablet, and Desktop
Make forms active or inactive from use
The form for testing – Unable to submit, but can preview in the Forms dashboard and Form Hub
- Publish for finalization
Once published the form can be submitted, but the questions will not be able to be deleted, only hidden.
- Back to Start
- Form Elements- the menu to the left provides the source for dragging and dropping answer types onto the form to create proper data collection formats. The Menu includes answer type sections.
- Answer Types
Singular/Simple data point capture with various formats
Advanced/Custom answer groupings serving complex functionality for data capture and display on a from
Include duplicatable or tab containing questions as well as grid entry screens.
- Answer Types
- Form Canvas- the center panel is where the user creates the layout of the form template. The user creates single or two-column sections. The user then drags answer types into the sections perform requirements.
- Form Attributes- the panel to the right shows the engaged answer types attributes. To change the attributes, click the desired question/answer on the canvas. The right attribute section is updated to offer advanced controls to the question configuration. See advanced details descriptions here.
- Helpful Articles